WELCOME TO THE UK INVESTMENT CITIZENSHIP PROGRAM
WHY CHOOSE THE UK?
Residency or citizenship status in the U.K. provides investors with access to a world of exclusive benefits:
- Diverse and multicultural society represented by large cultural and ethnic communities.
- Superior standard of education, a broad network of state and private schools, and more than 150 universities and higher education institutions.
- One of the best free health care services in the world.
- Member of the G8.
- A key member of the EU, which means greater business opportunities throughout Europe.
- Unrivaled financial business center (London).
- Attractive tax regime for high net worth investors classed as U.K. resident, non-domicile.
- The travel mobility and security of a U.K. passport.
Offered through our joint venture with a U.K.-authorized financial institution, the U.K. Immigrant Investor Program is a three-tiered system enabling those who invest at a higher level to be granted residency sooner. To qualify for the program, applicants must fulfill one of the investment options below in addition to meeting the following criteria:
- Maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependents without taking employment (outside of self-employment or business).
- Make the U.K. your main home. Investors will need to spend at least 50 percent of their time in the U.K. (six out of 12 months) to maintain visa status.
Applicants must invest no less than 75 percent of the specified investment amount in the U.K. by way of U.K. government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading U.K.-registered companies. The remaining 25 percent must be invested in the U.K. either by purchasing assets or by depositing the funds in a U.K.-regulated financial institution.
As shown in the table below, the higher the investment (and therefore the net personal assets required), the faster the applicant will obtain their stay for settlement (ILR).
|FULL INVESTMENT:||£2 Million|
|STAY FOR SETTLEMENT (ILR):||5 years|
|FULL INVESTMENT:||£5 Million|
|STAY FOR SETTLEMENT (ILR):||3 years|
|FULL INVESTMENT:||£10 Million|
|STAY FOR SETTLEMENT (ILR):||2 years|
Individuals who have lived in the U.K. for five or more years are eligible to apply for U.K. citizenship as long as they meet the following residency requirements:
- Be absent from the country for no more than 90 days (three months) in the 12 months preceding the application. The total number of days spent outside the U.K. for the entire five-year qualifying period should not exceed 450 days (i.e. three months of every year, or 75 percent of one’s time).
- Be of good moral character and not in breach of any immigration laws.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of U.K. life and culture, as well as a basic level of English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic languages.
N.B: Copying this information or plagiarism is a completely prohibited.