WELCOME TO CAN-AM IELTS CENTER
WHAT IS IELTS ?
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is popular worldwide with speakers of English as a second language as proof of their proficiency. IELTS is jointly owned and managed by the British Council, Cambridge English Language Assessment and IDP Education Australia. If you plan to enroll at a university or college for Admission and Visa in countries such as the Canada, Australia, United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand and any other country in the world. IELTS sore can help you to reach your education, career or life goals.
HOW DOES IELTS WORK ?
The IELTS test assesses students in four areas: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Interestingly, the test doesn’t have a pass or fail system. You will be ranked on a scale from 0 to 9. 9 is the topmost score and being an expert user in English. Depending on the reason for you taking the test (Study, Immigration, Work, Career) you will be needing a certain score.
This means that you won’t just need to take the test and hope for the best, you’ll also need to prepare for it as well. With the Can-Am IELTS preparation course, you will be given the skills and knowledge needed to help you succeed.
ADVANTAGES OF IELTS: There are several advantages of IELTS. The obligatory factors are given below:
✅IELTS for International Admission and Visa
Having the IELTS qualification brings many opportunities with it. If you’ve been wanting to study at a university in Canada, Australia, United States, New Zealand and so on, IELTS is just what you need. Many major universities ask for this English language test on their admission requirements, and the score you’ll require depends on which university you’d like to attend. For maximum universities require need to have an IELTS score of 6 or above. Academic IELTS score will be required by the international students for admission.
✅IELTS for Employment or Work
Providing proof of your language proficiency is an important step in obtaining a visa so that you can work abroad. Language skills are key to career success, and are considered a valuable asset in addition to all the other requirements of any job. If you are a work visa applicant, you must achieve either ‘competent’ English or ‘vocational’ English language skills, meaning you will have to be prepared for more than basic conversational English.
- In Canada, applicants should check directly with the organization they want to apply to for the IELTS score requirements. Employers and educational institutions generally set their own language requirements.
- For working in Australia, a test score of 5 is considered to be ’vocational English’ level. A band score of 6 means that the applicant is a ’competent English’ speaker.
- In New Zealand, work permit applicants must gain an overall band score of 4 or higher in the IELTS General or Academic module. They may also provide additional evidence of their English language abilities, such as information about countries they have lived in, their current country of residence or their family’s knowledge of English.
- In the UK, applicants must score at least 6.5 on each of the four components of the test (Reading, Speaking, Listening and Writing).
In all these countries, you should take in consideration that minimum score requirements vary depending on your chosen occupation. For some professions, applicants must achieve a minimum of 6 in each of the testing modules, whereas for teachers, for example, a minimum score of 7 is required.
✅IELTS for Immigration
Government agencies use the IELTS exam as part their applications processes to obtain citizenship or the right to permanent residence. They consider language proficiency to be strongly related to people’s ability to integrate into the community and the workplace. The IELTS exam is accepted by immigration authorities and continues to play an important role in using language assessment as a mean to control migration numbers. General IELTS score will be required by the Immigration Applicant for immigrate to Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
- Canada accepts IELTS, but you will also have to achieve the Canadian Language Benchmarks Standard. This is mandatory for Canada Immigration Application.
- Australia recognizes both Vocational and Competent English by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. This is mandatory for Australian Immigration Application.
- Immigration to New Zealand requires an IELTS overall score of 6.5 in either the General Training or Academic IELTS modules. This is mandatory for a visa application.
Additional Benefits for you if you do IELTS
- Useful for all steps and stages of your life
- It’s great for your career
- It’s Accurate.
- It covers American and British English.
- Recognized worldwide and It’s widely available.
- Good training exercise for your English language skills.
- Accuracy of the results and of your English language level.
- Specific scores requested by schools and companies around the world.
- Available in 140 countries around the world.
To find out more about the IELTS test and why you should prepare with us, get in touch and a member of our friendly team can help answer any of your queries. Our Help Desk: 01970-254 254.