Canada welcomes more than 450,000 students from 192 countries each year. If you intend to study at a Canadian educational institution, most foreign nationals must apply for a study permit. A study permit, once issued, allows a foreign national to study in Canada at an approved institute for the duration of the program.

A Canada student visa is given to those who have an admission from a Canadian university or college to complete their studies. If you are going to Canada to study for more than 6 months, you will need a Student Visa. The category of study permit in Canada is called S-1 Visa. SW-1 is Study and Work Visa (Usually Given to Those students who are Going for a Co-Op Program which requires Credits of Work at Some Place).

There are two categories to become eligible for Student visa application.

  • Student Direct Stream Program (SDS Program)
  • General category

Visa application under SDS (Student Direct Stream Program)

  • Who can apply: To be eligible for SDS Program the student must be legal residence living in:
    • India
    • Pakistan
    • China
    • Vietnam
    • Philippines
  • Student must be appeared for English Language test (IELTS / TOFEL/ PTE):
    • English Language test is the primary requirement before the student applies for college application and visa application.
    • According to students English test scores, he/she can apply to get admission in college or University.
    • The requirement of IELTS under SDS Program is minimum 6.0 with no band less than 6.0 in any module.

Bangladesh is under general category (Not applicable for SDS). Students need to meet all the minimum requirements imposed by the Canadian High Commission. The mandatory documents should be necessary.

  • Get LOA (Letter of Acceptance): Obtain admission acceptance letter from University or College
  • Tuition Fees: Once the student gets LOA, he/she has to pay tuition fees for first year of Study. If not possible, half of the yearly tuition fee should be paid to the university or college.
  • GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate): Once student get admission and paid the tuition fees of college/University, student has to open an account in Canadian bank with deposit amount of $10,200. This is an investment account, which provides you fund after arrival in Canada and Confirm the identity to bank.
  • Medical:  The Student has to get their medical done and submit the E-Medical Certificate.
  • Police Clearance Certificate from your permanent police station.
  • Bio-metrics: The Student has to get their bio-metrics done.

A student may be able to work in Canada during the course of study under the following categories:

  • On campus without a Work Permit
  • Off campus with a Work Permit
  • In Co-op and Internship Programs, where work experience is part of the curriculum, with a Work Permit
  • Upon graduation, a foreign student may apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. Under this program, the work permit may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years.
  • spouses or common-law partners of foreign students are eligible for a work permit for the duration as the study permit.
Who can get a work permit as the Spouse or Common-law Partner of a student?

Your Spouse or Common-law Partner (Common-law Partner: -A person who has been living with another person in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. The term refers to opposite-sex and same-sex relationships). will be eligible for an open work permit.

What is an open work permit?

An open work permit is a work permit that is not job-specific. Because it is not job-specific, you will not need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada when you apply for your open work permit. Your Spouse or Common-law Partner’s work permit will be valid for the same period of time as your study permit. The Open Work Permit Application Fee CAD $ 100

International students are also eligible to bring their dependent children with them while they study. For now, a dependent child is any child under the age of 19, or over the age of 19 who has depended substantially on their parents for financial support since before the age of 19 and is unable to be financially self-supporting because of a mental or physical condition

If your dependent child is school-aged, they are eligible to attend one of Canada’s free public elementary or secondary schools while you study without needing their own student permit.

  • January/March/April-2020 
  • July-2020(Currently accepting application).
  • October-2020

Canada has two type of tuition fee. One is for local Canadian / Permanent Resident student. Another is for International Student. The tuition fee varies one course or university to another course or university depending on the course curriculum and duration. We may rough idea that may ranges.

Tuition for Under-Graduation Program Yearly: CAD $ 11,000-30,000

Tuition for Graduation Program Yearly: CAD $ 15,000-35,000


You must prove that you can support yourself, and the family members who come with you, while you are in Canada.

Minimum funds needed to support yourself as a student (and family members who come with you):


If you and two family members want to come to a province outside Quebec for a year, you will need:

  • Tuition +$10,000 (for the student)
  • +$4,000 (for the first family member)
  • +$3,000 (for the second family member)
    Total: Tuition + $17,000


If you and two family members (over the age of 18) want to come to Quebec for a year, you will need

  • Tuition +$11,000 (for the student)
  • +$5,100 (for the first family member)
  • +$5,125 (for the second family member)
    Total: Tuition + $21,225
  • Filled in Student Permit Application Forms.
  • The Original Letter of Acceptance from the University or College.
  • A Valid Passport (which allows minimum 6 months’ validity).
  • Two Recent Passport-size Photographs (35X45 mm Size), with Name and Date of Birth on the Back.
  • IELTS Certificate (Academic Module) (If Available).
  • Certificate & Mark sheets of Grade 10.
  • Certificate & Mark sheets of Grade 12.
  • Certificate & Bachelors Mark sheet (If Graduate Program).
  • Certificate & Masters Mark Sheet (If Graduate Program).
  • Study Plan /Statement of Purpose
  • Work Experience Related Documents (If Applicable).
  • Proof of Financial Support during your Study Program that Represents: Tuition fee and Dependents fee as Housing fees.
  • You can prove your funds with proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you have transferred money to Canada get a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution.
  • Your Bank Statements for the past Six months and Solvency Certificate from Bank.
  • A letter from the person giving you money or proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.
  • A Letter of Explanation. This letter helps the Immigration Officer to understand you and your goals. It explains: Why you want to study in Canada, and that you understand the responsibilities as a Student.
  • You Have no Criminal Record in Bangladesh (Police Clarence Certificate from your permanent address).
  • Submit E-Medical Certificate from Canadian Authorized Hospital in Bangladesh that state you are in good.
  • If you intend to study in Quebec, you will also need a Certificat d’Acceptation du Quebec (Certificate of Acceptance to Quebec, CAQ).
  • English translations for your document, a statement from the Translator and a certified copy of the original documents.
  • Proof that you paid the study permit fee (Main Applicant Visa Application $150 CAD).


The Canada Study Permit Visa processing time ranges from minimum 21 to 40 working days. However, the processing time is different depending on the country you live in.  So, as for Bangladesh you will have to wait around 1.5 month for your Study Permit decision.


The PGWP program allows international students who have completed graduation from the post-secondary institution (College or University) to obtain an Open Work Permit in Canada. The PGWP program is an essential step for foreign students to gain the High-skilled Canadian Work Experience they need to apply for permanent residence. Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is the best option to be immigrant of Canada.


Study Permit  Application is very sensitive process. To start the application for the Canada Study Permit Visa, there are several forms and steps and guidelines  that you may receive from Can-Am Immigration. The steps for applying for a Canada Study Permit visa are below:

  • Confirm your eligibility for the Canada Study Permit Visa.
  • Complete the documents required for a Canada Study Permit Visa.

Can-Am Immigration is dedicated immigration based agency at Dhaka in Bangladesh. You can send your C.V to us for complete assessment in order to know your Study Permit Visa eligibility for Canada. You can send the following documents.

  • Your C.V 
  • Your all Academic Certificates and all Transcripts
  • Your MRP passport (Min. 6 months’ Validity)
  • Your Birth Certificate
  • Your NID Card (If Available)
  • Your Academic IELTS Certificate (If Available)

Please send your all documents to our email: . OR you may fix an appointment with our Canadian Education Expert by calling this Cell No. 01919-003872. No one will be entertained without prior appointment.  

N.B: Copying this information or plagiarism is a completely prohibited.

error: Content is protected !!