If you are a U.S. citizen, you may bring your fiance to the United States to marry and live here, with a non-immigrant visa for a Fiance (K-1).

The fiance K-1 non-immigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiance of a United States (U.S.) citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiance to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. The foreign-citizen will then apply for adjustment of status to a permanent resident (LPR) with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Fiance K-1 visa permits the holder to immigrate to the U.S. and marry a U.S. citizen shortly after arrival in the United States, the fiance must meet some of the requirements to be an immigrant in the U.S.A.

To explain more to understand by you.

01. K1 visa is for a fiance of a U.S. citizen (before marriage).
02. K1 visa belongs to the firstly non-immigrant category, but visa holders are considered immigrants. K1 is a one-entry visa.
03. K1 visa holders are allowed to adjust their status to become permanent residents while in the U.S.
04. K1 visa holders may receive conditional green cards first, and must apply to remove the conditions.
05. K1 visa holders are allowed to work and travel after with proper USCIS documents.
06. K1 visas are filed using Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance
07. K1 holders may bring their children as derivative beneficiaries into the U.S. (as K2 and K4, respectively). The fiance can be eligible to receive her/his children that is called K-2 or K-4 visa. The K-2/K4 respectively non-immigrant visa allows the child of a K-1 fiance visa holder to enter into the U.S.

The Required Documentation:

You, the foreign-citizen fiance (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

  • Online Non-immigrant Visa Application.
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S.
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor.
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional).
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Recent Photo (4 Copies)–Photo Size: 2×2 inch (Soft & Digital Printed Copy)
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. Citizen Fiance.
  • Payment of fees: As of early 2019, the filing fees for the K-1 process were $535 for Form I-129F (filed with USCIS), $265 to apply for the K visa (paid to the Embassy), and $1,225 for Form I-485 and the adjustment of status packet (filed with USCIS), including the biometrics fee. That brings the total government U.S. fee to US $2,025

Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiance is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

You may write your needs or concerns to our email: Note: No one will be entertained without prior appointment.

N.B: Copying this information or plagiarism is completely prohibited.

error: Content is protected !!