Non-immigrant Visa for Spouse (K-3) – It is important to note that application for the non-immigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be filed and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place. After the visa process has been completed, and the visa is issued, the spouse can travel to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case. Two petitions are required:  Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130, and Petition for Alien Fiancé (Form I-129F).

To explain more to understand by you.

  • The K3 is for a spouse of a U.S. citizen (after marriage).
  • The K3 visa must have an immigrant petition filed for the beneficiary.
  • K3 visa holders may choose adjustment of status or consular processing after I-130 approval.
  • K3 allows multiple entries and K3 visa is valid for two years. but visa holders are considered immigrants. K3 visa holders are allowed to adjust their status to become permanent residents while in the U.S.
  • K3 visa holders may receive conditional green cards first, and must apply to remove the conditions.
  • K3 visa holders are allowed to work and travel after with proper USCIS documents.
  • K3 visa holders may bring their children as derivative beneficiaries into the U.S. (as K2 and K4, respectively).

You may write  your needs or concerns to our email: info@caimmigrationbd.com Note: No one will be entertained without prior appointment.

N.B: Copying this information or plagiarism is completely prohibited.

error: Content is protected !!